Accounts Payable Specialist
Department: Accounting & Finance
The Accounts Payable Specialist role is a hands-on position supporting all aspects of our accounts payable process, including ensuring our suppliers are paid accurately and timely and that our financial records are complete and accurate. The ideal candidate will thrive in a small and collaborative team environment and be excited about the opportunities for learning and their future growth.
- Month end closing.
- General ledger account maintenance.
- Prepare and record journal entries.
- Annual audit supporting work paper preparation.
- Bank account reconciliations for 5 cash accounts.
- Establish effective relationships with vendors and suppliers through communications on missing invoices, credits/rebills, incorrect invoices etc.
- Process supplier invoices, including accurate GL account coding, within our AP subledger and ERP (Syteline).
- Verify invoices are accurate and supported by underlying documentation (2-way match for services, 3-way match for goods).
- Prepare electronic, check and wire payment runs.
- Prepare supplier credit applications, tax-exempt certificates, and other applicable documentation.
- Support month-end financial close process by ensuring timely entry of invoices and follow up with invoice owners so that approvals and procurement holds are resolved prior to deadlines.
- Assist the quarterly and year-end audit process, including providing materials to support audit requests.
- Maintain accurate W9 vendor information and assist in preparing annual 1099 filing process.
- Follow AP policies and procedures; identify opportunities to drive increased process efficiencies.
- Review employee expense reports to confirm compliance with company policy.
- Special projects – historical files, copying and other analysis.
- Special projects and other tasks as assigned.
- A minimum of two (2) years prior experience in an accounting role
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of accounting principles and practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience working with an ERP system (Syteline preferred)
- Experience working in a deadline-oriented environment with a high attention to accuracy.
- Must be results oriented and possess excellent analytical and creative skills.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to multi-task in previous work environments and be able to set priorities, stay focused, and set clear milestones.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Must possess a strong work ethic, which drives him/her daily to achieve goals.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Dependable, flexible, and consistently reliable team player